Web Designer / Sr. Web Designer
Web designers plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer's requirements.
Web designer duties can vary depending upon the type of organization worked for and the technical level of the website, but can include:
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them
- drawing up detailed website specifications
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- coding using a variety of software
- working with different content management systems
- search engine optimization
- designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- proofreading content and making changes where necessary
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers
- testing the website to ensure it is working
- post-sales technical support
- training client's staff
- researching current design trends
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS, jQuery, Responsive Design and Bootstrap is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphic tools.
- Proven work samples of highly creative designs will be preferred.
- The background of Fine Arts will be added advantage.
- Awareness of web designing trends and norms.
- Working in accordance to the teams’ interests.
No. of Openings: 2 Posts
Relevant Experience: 1 to 2 years
Working hours are generally 9:30am to 7pm but can involve extra hours in the evenings or on weekends to meet deadlines. Some jobs may involve being on-call to deal with unexpected problems that need solving at any time day or night.